Thanks to Wendy at www.linkinteriors.ca for passing on this simple, fun & healthy Halloween treat idea!
- Wash all veggies.
- Remove the stems from the apples so that the cucumber will sit flat on the top of the apple. It’s best to use small apples, as this will make the brim of the hat larger in proportion.
- Peel the carrots, making sure not to cut off the top, as you want it to stay pointy for the tip of the hat. Once peeled, cut approximately 2 1/2″ off the tip of the carrot, this is the part you will use for the top of the hat. (Save the bottoms for dinner!).
- Peel the cucumbers in strips, leaving stripes of green and white. Cut the cucumbers in slices, about 1/4″ thick.
- Insert a toothpick in the top of the apple, leaving about 1/2 of the toothpick sticking out.
- Center the cucumber slice over the top of the apple and push it on the toothpick.
- Now push the carrot top, pointy side up, on the toothpick.
- Voila! Healthy, yummy witches. Plug your ears for the squeels of delight!
- If your party allows nuts, a great addition would be 2 raisins “glued” on the apple with peanut or almond butter for eyes.