These perfectly moist & sweet muffins are 100% whole grain and contain no refined sugar. Nut-free, they’re perfect for school lunches and freeze well. Bet you can’t eat just one!
Honey and Date Sweetened Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 c spelt or whole wheat flour
- 2 c slow cook oats (not quick or instant)
- 2 tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 c medjool dates, chopped
- 1/2 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 c honey
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c unsweetened almond (or cow's) milk
- 1 c plain greek (or other style) yoghurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and dates (you may need to separate the chopped dates with your hands a bit to distribute them evenly through the mixture).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, honey, applesauce, eggs, milk, yoghurt and vanilla.
- Add wet to dry and combine, taking care not to over mix.
- Divide mixture amongst 24 lined or greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 400F for 15-17 minutes.
simple balance http://simple-balance.ca/